Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: the issue of: RANDOM

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    i hold the contention that nothing is random.

    there are those who would like to differ with me.

    lets go for it.

    ------------------
    General Philosophy

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heisenberg's Randominity Principle (or something like that) specifically states all things are in a constant state of randomness.

    ------------------
    Alex

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Pragmatic Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Random meaning equally as likely as unlikely? Seems more of a game of chance to me.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh alex, you do make me chuckle.

    ahem....

    ummmm....has there ever been any argument against mr. heisenberg?

    ------------------
    General Philosophy

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Watch Pi, nothing is random!!!!!!

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    that movie is freakin' great!
    makes me wanna go weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

    seriously though, put it like this:

    is there a system to configuring PI?


    ladies and gentlemen--i believe we have a winna!!!!!!!!

    ------------------
    General Philosophy

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Pragmatic Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pi grossed me out. Seriously, it had some sick parts.

    ------------------

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>is there a system to configuring PI?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    that was a question.



    ------------------
    General Philosophy

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I QUIT! No more tying math into life for me. God damn human errors and their silly ways!! *sigh* frown

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Sapius's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2001
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SHATOUSHKA:
    i hold the contention that nothing is random.

    there are those who would like to differ with me.

    lets go for it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Sorry, I have nothing to say, I agree. smile



    ------------------
    ....just IMHO though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •